Broaden Your Vistas and Unmask the Colorful Cultures
UM iCamp is part of the continued efforts of Universitas Negeri Malang to enhance global education. The program was initiated to provide overseas college students with hands-on opportunities to learn Indonesian language and experience the cultural and academic life in Indonesia. Students from across the globe are invited from 11th to 18th August on UM iCamp in the “education-city” of Malang, East Java, Indonesia.
The program provides an opportunity for the students to grow as learned individuals ready to assume transformative activities. It balances educational and sociocultural activities throughout its sessions, cultivating students’ sustained passion as learned community members responsible for continued betterment of the world. This intensive program consists of classroom sessions, socio-cultural sessions, and field trips to cultural and historical venues. Through the sessions, international students will have opportunities to better understand the dynamic aspects of Indonesian society in the past, present, and future.
One of the most important and engaging aspects of this program is that learning is not limited to the classrooms. Students will have opportunities to meet and interact with Indonesian and international students during the program and they will also be able to share their experiences and views with each other. At the end of the program, participants will receive certificates of completion.
Participation in the program entitles you with the following benefits:
• Indonesian language & culture courses
• Meals, snacks, and transportation during the program and field/cultural trips
• Fun cross cultural experiences with other local and international students from other countries;
• Applicable knowledge of some short courses; Indonesian language and traditional culture.
• Certificate of participation
To be eligible to apply, students must:
• be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program (August 7, 2017).
• be enrolled in higher educational institution.
• have successfully completed at least one semester of college or university courses.
• No application fee.
• No program fee.
• Students are to cover their own travels (flight tickets), insurance, immigration documents, and any personal needs.
For any inquiries, please contact Mr. Yazid Bathomi, director for the office of international affairs at the Universitas Negeri Malang (UM), to email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, phone: +62341584759.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 7th 2017.