Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw seeks qualified candidates for one Ph. D. student position within the research project carried out by the Biophysical Chemistry Group (Principal Investigator: Anna Ochab-Marcinek, Ph. D.):
“Evolution of gene regulation as a stochastic process:Savageau’s demand theory, cost of regulation and noise “
(Sonata Bis project no. 2016/22/E/ST2/00558, financed by the National Science Center)
● We offer a scholarship of up to ~5000 PLN/month = ~3000 PLN/month (corresponding to a decent standard of living in Poland ~ average net salary in Poland) + a possible rise for a good academic record.
● Social benefits: Private health care program. Institute’s physician and dentist. Possibility of accommodation in a dormitory on preferential terms.
● Career development benefits: Work in a young team. Funds for international conference travels. Possibility to take advantage of all programs for Ph. D. students at IPC PAS, including Young Scientists of IPC PAS competition and Mobility of Young Scientists of IPC PAS competition. Possibility of publication of research papers in recognized international journals. Possibility of preparing a Ph. D. dissertation.
● Research stays are planned at w IST Austria and University of Edinburgh
● Interdisciplinary research at the interface of theoretical physics and biology
● Knowledge of programming, or willingness to learn some programming language for simulations.
● M.Sc. in physics will be an asset.
The task of the Ph. D student will be theoretical modeling of evolution of gene regulation: analytical and numerical calculations, computer simulations
More information: http://groups.ichf.edu.pl/ochab