The Advanced Program in Plasma Science and Engineering (APPLAuSE) is a Doctoral Program PD-F of the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology, IP (FCT, IP), which takes place at Instituto Superior Técnico (IST), University of Lisbon, in Portugal.
APPLAuSE was selected for funding by FCT, IP, having been awarded a total of 40 doctoral fellowships of which 6 have not yet been attributed (the program started in 2014).
APPLAuSE is integrated in the Doctoral Program in Physics / Physics Engineering of the Physics Department of IST.
The fellowships corresponding to this call are expected to start in September 2018.
To be admitted in APPLAuSE applicants should hold a Master degree in Science or in Engineering from a recognized university. Exceptionally, the Selection Committee may admit applicants with Bachelor degree (or equivalent), provided they exhibit an exceptional academic CV. The applications must include the official certificate(s) of academic degree(s) that grant(s) access to the development of a PhD thesis. Candidates who are expected to obtain a new academic degree after the closing date of the call must provide a hand-written declaration stating that the degree will be awarded until July 31, 2018. If these conditions are not fulfilled, namely if the official certificate is not presented in due time, the fellowship will not be awarded.
Furthermore, candidates should be fluent both in written and spoken English.
Individual applications must be submitted electronically using the application form available on the IST Doctoral Programs online platform.
The application must include the following components:
- Application form (available online)
- Copy of ID document / passport
- General curriculum vitae – it is mandatory to use the model available at the website above, section “Calls”
- Academic curriculum vitae – certified transcripts showing all academic degrees awarded, with final grade point averages
- Official transcript of the grades received in all courses taken
- Letter of motivation
- References – Please supply the contact details of at least two references. Indicate name, institution and e-mail.
Period of the Call
The call will be announced publicly on October 30, 2017 and will be open from November 13, 2017 until January 12, 2018 at 17:00 GMT.
For detailed information please visit this website.