Home » Posts tagged 'Mathematics & Informatics'
Tag Archives: Mathematics & Informatics
ERASMUS+ konkurs za stipendiranu mobilnost studenata na ‘Etveš Lorand’ Univerzitetu u Budimpešti (ELTE), Mađarska
Univerzitet u Novom Sadu je objavio ERASMUS+ konkurs za stipendiranu mobilnost studenata na ‘Etveš Lorand’ Univerzitetu u Budimpešti (ELTE), Mađarska.
Konkurs je otvoren za studente UNS-a na nivou masterskih i doktorskih studija iz oblasti:
Trajanje stipendija: 5 meseci
The PV Technology Laboratory of FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy of the University of Cyprus, announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special Scientist position to work on research projects at FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy.
Ideally, the position should be combined with an application for a PhD at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Cyprus and the research work that will be carried out will be the subject of the doctoral thesis.
First Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Physics, with at least a 2.1 class or equivalent. Also, high academic performance and interest in research are considered important qualifications.
Prior experience in any of the following fields will be beneficial:
• Power Systems.
• Smart Grids.
• Artificial Neural Networks, expert systems and applications to the field of energy.
• ICT applications in the field of energy.
• Programming in Python, especially for energy related applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Special Scientist will be conducting research according to the needs of the research projects of the Photovoltaic Technology Laboratory in the field of Solar Energy and specifically, Photovoltaic Technology. The duties, apart from the research activity, will include the following:• Writing Reports and research publications.
• Research Proposal Preparation.
• Support in writing Research Proposals.
• Supervision of research projects conducted by bachelor (final year students) and postgraduate students.
• Support in research project management.
• Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
Application deadline: Friday, 29th of January 2021
Further details of the position and application procedure can be found HERE.
The Berlin Mathematical School is the graduate school of the Cluster of Excellence MATH+ (http://www.mathplus.de) and a joint endeavor of the mathematics departments at the universities in Berlin: Freie Universität (FU), Humboldt-Universität (HU) and Technische Universität (TU).
BMS offers an excellent doctoral program taught in English in a broad and active research environment together with mentoring programs, language courses, soft-skills seminars, funding for summer schools and conferences, a buddy program and funding for students with children. Committed to equality and diversity.
“Mathematics as a whole“ is a leading principle of the BMS. Its focus encompasses fields that are traditionally termed “pure“ or “applied“ mathematics, though we prefer not to make that distinction. Instead, research topics are grouped into eight parts, each covering a broad, but coherent, part of mathematics:
- Differential geometry, global analysis, and mathematical physics
- Algebraic and arithmetic geometry, number theory
- Stochastics and mathematical finance
- Discrete mathematics and optimization
- Geometry, topology, and visualization
- Numerical analysis and scientific computing
- Applied analysis and differential equations
For applicants with a Bachelor, Phase I offers a basic graduate phase of 3-4 semesters completed by a qualifying exam. Phase II is the research phase and open to candidates with a Master‘s degree. It lasts 4-6 semesters in which candidates conduct specialized research and attend at least one advanced course per semester.
All you need to know about applying to the BMS is available online:
You can apply at: http://www.math-berlin.de/application
Univerzitet u Novom Sadu je objavio ERASMUS+ konkurs za stipendiranu mobilnost studenata na Univerzitetu u Valensiji, Španija.
Konkurs je otvoren za studente PMF-a na nivou osnovnih studija iz oblasti:
- 0531 – Chemistry
- 061 – ICTs
- 0512 – Biochemistry
- 1015 – Tourism
- 0541 – Mathematics
- 0533 – Physics
- 0521 – Environmental Sciences
Trajanje stipendije: 5 meseci
Realizacija mobilnosti: letnji semestar 2020/2021 godine
Trajanje konkursa: od 2. do 10. novembra 2020. godine
Tekst konkursa sa uslovima možete pronaći na zvaničnom sajtu UNS.
Međunarodna studentska nedelja u Beogradu (International Student Week in Belgrade – ISWiB) je internacionalni festival koji se održava u Beogradu od 13. do 21. jula 2020.
godine i koji već dugi niz godina okuplja preko 250 studenata iz preko 50 država širom sveta. Ideja festivala je da se mladi u multikulturalnom okruženju bave najvećim
problemima današnjeg društva i da putem radionica koje se koriste raznim metodama pruže svoj doprinos rešavanju tih problema. Ove godine slavi 14. godinu postojanja i
pod sloganom „Keep going, keep growing“ studenti će moći da učestvuju u 10 zanimljivih radionica kao što su: mjuzikl, psihodrama, ekologija, start ap i druge. Fokus ovogodišnje konferencije jeste samoaktuelizacija, ohrabrivanje i priprema mladih za predstojeće promene, podsticanje da razvijaju sopstvenu ličnost i samopouzdanje, i time
postanu najbolja verzija sebe. Osim edukativnog programa, mladima se pruža mogućnost upoznavanja Beograda i razmena mišljenja sa svojim vršnjacima u ambijentu
oslobođenom od predrasuda, rasizma, ksenofobije, homofobije, nasilja i govora mržnje.
Učesnici će upoznati i stručnjake različitih profesija i biće podsticani na društveni aktivizam u sopstvenoj lokalnoj zajednici.
Za više informacija, posetite zvaničan sajt https://iswib.org/.
Za prijavu, popuniti aplikacioni obrazac.
Students and young academics from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia and Ukraine with intermediate German knowledge (at least B1-level) are eligible to apply for the summer school grants for German language in Bavaria. The scholarships include the course fee, accommodation and a food allowance at a Bavarian University.
The application deadline is the 23rd of March 2020.
Click here for more information about the programme.
The online application form is available here.
Visegrad scholarships support Master and post-Master students who are citizens of Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo*, Moldova, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Serbia and Ukraine to study abroad in the Visegrad countries (Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia).
What is it?
Vulcanus in Japan started in 1997. The programme consists of industrial placements for EU/ COSME students. It starts in September and ends in August of the following year in order to accommodate the academic year in EU Member States.
The students follow:
- a one-week seminar on Japan,
- a four-month intensive Japanese language course,
- and then an eight-month traineeship in a Japanese company.
- To study the range of advanced technologies employed by a leading Japanese host company.
- To learn Japanese and to understand and appreciate Japanese culture with a view to an enriching one year experience abroad.
- To be well placed in your future career to interact with Japanese businesses and people.
The Embassy of the United States of America in Serbia is pleased to announce the Fulbright Non-degree Research Program for Doctoral Students competition for the 2021-2022 academic year. The Fulbright Non-degree Research Program for Doctoral Students enables young professionals from Serbia who are already enrolled in a PhD program at a Serbian university to conduct research at a U.S. university related to their PhD thesis. Grants last 6 to 9 months, and the PhD students from the following fields can apply:
- Agriculture, American History, American Literature, American Studies, Anthropology, Archaeology, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Economics, Education, Engineering, Environmental, Sciences, Geography, Geology, Information Sciences, Journalism / Media Studies, Law, Library Science Linguistics, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, TEFL/Applied Linguistics.
Participants are selected through an open, merit-based competition. This prestigious award covers tuition and fees at a U.S. university, a monthly living stipend, health insurance, and international airfare.
The Embassy of the United States of America in Serbia is pleased to announce the Fulbright Graduate Study Program competition for the 2021-2022 academic year. The Fulbright Graduate Study Program enables young professionals from Serbia to study for one year or longer at U.S. universities to pursue a Master’s level of study in the following fields:
- Agriculture, American History, American Literature, American Studies, Anthropology, Archaeology, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Economics, Education, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geography, Geology, Information Sciences, Journalism / Media Studies, Law, Library Science Linguistics, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, TEFL/Applied Linguistics.
Participants are selected through an open, merit-based competition. This prestigious award covers tuition and fees at a U.S. university, a monthly living stipend, health insurance, and international airfare. (more…)