Would you like to learn about the current challenges of the European Union and improve your communication skills in one of the most beautiful cities of Central Europe?
Come to the heart of Europe, to the gorgeous city of Pécs in Hungary and join our Summer School “Identities Under Pressure?” Changing European Union, New Global Order in the Making from 28 June to 7 July 2018.
Our intensive and very enjoyable summer course examines the changing intercultural climate within the European Union in light of global challenges and pressures such as the ongoing refugee crisis, transnational terrorism and regional cooperation across Central and Eastern Europe, especially within the Visegrad Four. Globalization, or more precisely,”Glocalization,” will be discussed from various identity-related angles, including the perspectives of university cities bearing the title “European Capital of Culture.”
Date: 28 June, 2018 – 7 July, 2018
Who should apply: The program is open to undergraduate, graduate and PhD students
Earned credits: 3 ECTS credits
Language of instruction: English
Program fee: 0 EUR for CEEPUS Scholarship holders. The CEEPUS Scholarship covers the participation fee, lunch and dinner as indicated in the program and accommodation. You only have to pay for your travel expenses.
Application deadline for the CEEPUS Scholarship: 21 May, 2018
Decision about the received applications will be made before 28 May.
How to apply for the CEEPUS Scholarship?
To apply please fill out the application form on the following site:
Should you have any further questions please visit our website at summerschool.pte.hu
or contact our colleague by email at email@example.com
5 reasons to join the “Changing European Union” Summer School:
- improve your speaking skills while learning about the current threats and opportunities of present-day European Union
- it is more than just study! – enjoy the great social programs including concerts, local trips, parties
- participate in the amazing Pécs Light Festival. Our summer school is scheduled right in time for the unique, annual Pécs Light Festival.
- have fun in an international environment, make new life-long friendships
- enjoy the gorgeous location – Pécs is one of the most beautiful central European cities with a rich culture dating back to the Roman Empire, the European Capital of Culture of 2010 – safe, Mediterranean UniverCity, full of pubs, cafés and restaurants