Universities of the Coimbra Group offer short-term visits to young researchers fromhigher education institutions from countries in the European Neighbourhood. The main aim of this scholarship programme is to enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to help them to establish academic and research contacts.
The scholarships are financially supported by the Coimbra Group member universities participating in this programme, while the Coimbra Group Office is in charge of the administrative management of the applications.
The following Coimbra Group Universities are participating in the 2019 edition of the Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme:
- Eötvös Loránd University Budapest (Hungary)
- University of Granada (Spain)
- Karl Franz University of Graz (Austria)
- University of Heidelberg (Germany)
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi (Romania)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- University of Padova (Italy)
- University of Poitiers (France)
- University of Salamanca (Spain)
Applicants must fulfil all the following criteria:
- be born on or after 1 January 1984
- be nationals of and current residents in one of the above – listed countries
- be current academic staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution located in one of the above-listed countries and be of postdoctoral or equivalent status, although some institutions may offer opportunities to doctoral students
Candidates may apply for one university only.
Multiple applications will not be considered valid.
Only the universities listed in the table below are taking part in the 2018 edition of the Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme.
Applicantswill be able to fill in the on-line registration until 31 March 2019 midnight (Brussels time) on the Coimbra Group website: